Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Usborne Internet Linked Encyclopedia of World Geography





I really like this book. It has amazing pictures, and is an easy read. That means that it interests almost everyone that picks it up. A couple days ago, I was leafing through it, thinking that I would love for my children to use it even more than they already do.

I subscribe to the 'scatter method' of teaching. I scatter books around my house in the hopes that my children will want to read them. Nine times out of ten, they do. This book, as well as the Science Encyclopedia that we have are two favorites. They serve as jumping off points. Many times, my boys want to investigate things further. However, I thought it would be a good idea to make them some quizzes to see how deeply they are reading. Then, I thought I would share them with you. So far, I have a quiz for the first eight pages from the chapter "Planet Earth." I also made a crossword puzzle.

Tell me if this is useful. Any feedback is appreciated. I will try to post another quiz and crossword puzzle each week.

These are hosted on Google Documents.  They should be viewable/printable by everyone.  If you have any trouble, please let me know.

Planet Earth Quiz 1
Planet Earth Quiz 1 Answer Key
Planet Earth Crossword 1
Planet Earth Crossword 1 Answer Key

No comments:

Post a Comment